If you’ve ever needed some Instagram hacks but did not know where to look, well, you’ve come to the right place!
Maybe you’re wondering how to add line breaks to your Instagram bio? Or how to zoom in and out while recording an Instagram story? Or even how to respond to Instagram comments faster?
Whatever your need, in the following post, we reveal Instagram hacks and tips to help you get more from your Instagram marketing. Let’s go!
Instagram Hacks for Creating Cool Instagram Bios:
Hack #1: Add Line Breaks to Your Bio
Have you been trying to write a pitch-perfect Instagram bio but you’re getting frustrated because Instagram removes your line breaks? This is a quick-fix that could make a huge difference to your bio — and leave visitors with a great first impression!
How to add line breaks to your Instagram bio:
- Open a note-taking app on your phone
- Type out your bio, using the return button to create new lines of text
- Once you’re happy with your bio, copy the text
- Open your Instagram app and navigate to “Edit Profile”
- In the “Bio” field and paste your text into the box
- Tap “Done” in the top right of your screen and enjoy your new bio!
Hack #2: Appear in More Search Results on the Explore Page
Did you know that the “Name” field in your Instagram bio is searchable? That means that you can change it to words that highlights what your Instagram profile or business is about.
By including important keywords in your Name field, your chances of appearing in Instagram’s if anyone searches for those keywords will be much higher!
How to do it:
- Tap on “Edit Profile” on the top right of your Instagram profile
- Under your profile picture, you’ll find the “Name” field. Change the text here to include your keywords
- Once finished, tap “Done” on the top right corner of your screen
Hack #3: Link to Other Profiles or Hashtags in Your Bio
Instagram recently launched the ability to add clickable text in your bio. So now when you include a # or @ before a word or account, other users will be able to click it to learn more!
This could be really useful if you’re managing more than one account for your brand, or if you’re running a branded hashtag campaign.
For example, online clothing store, ASOS, does this well as they link from their bio to their Instagram profiles dedicated to health and beauty and sneakers. They also link to their #AsSeenOnMe hashtag which has almost 830k tagged posts!
How to do it:
- From your Instagram Profile page, tap “Edit Profile”
- In the bio section, add any Instagram handles (including the @ symbol) or any hashtags (using the # symbol)
- Tap “Done” in the top right of the screen when you’re finished with your bio
- Instagram will automatically make this text link to the Instagram profiles or hashtags
Hack #4: Find the Right Alignment for Your Bio
There are a few ways to make your Instagram bio standout, and getting the right alignment or spacing for your bio could make all the difference. This one might take some trial and error to get right, but the results will be an eye-catching bio that really stands out!
Remember: You only have 150 characters for your Instagram bio, so be careful to not compromise on your brand messaging to get your alignment right.
How to change the alignment or add spaces to your Instagram bio:
- Open your Instagram account in a web browser. (This Instagram hack can be done in the mobile app, but it’s a lot easier in the desktop version)
- Copy the space between the arrows (make sure you’re copying the space between the arrows, not the arrows themselves!): >>⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀<<
- Tap the “Edit Your Profile” button from your profile page on Instagram
- Navigate to the “Bio” text field and paste the spaces you copied above before each line of text. If your text isn’t perfectly centered, you can always add or delete spaces until you achieve the perfect alignment!
Hack #5: Add Special Characters to Your Bio Name or Caption
Ever wondered how some Instagram profiles have these cute special characters like sun, stars, and pencils in their Instagram bios?
Believe it or not, these are the original emojis you can find in your word processing programs like Word or Google Docs!
Here’s how to use special characters in your Instagram bio using Microsoft Word:
- Open a Word document
- Start typing your bio and where you would like to place a special character go to “Insert”, and “Advanced Symbol”
- Here you can browse for symbols you’d like to include, like zodiac signs or arrows. Wingdings, Wingdings 2 and Wingdings 3 from the drop-down menu have the most icons to choose from
- Add the icons where you would like them in your bio
- Open your Instagram account on your desktop and go to “Edit Profile”
- Copy and paste your bio from the Word document to your Instagram bio and tap “Done” when you’re finished.
Instagram Hacks for Creating Great Instagram Captions:
Hack #6: Add Line Breaks to Your Captions
You can pour a lot of love and energy into creating the best captions for your Instagram posts, but isn’t it annoying when Instagram removes your line breaks from your text?
Previously, you had to add individual symbols, like stars or dashes, each on a new line of text to create line breaks in your captions.
Hack #7: Hide Your Hashtags in Your Caption
As you already know, adding hashtags to your posts can really boost your engagement!
Instagram allows you to have up to 30 hashtags per post, but having them bunched up next to your caption can look messy. The good news? There’s a simple solution.
How to hide your hashtags in your Instagram caption:
- After you’ve written your caption on Instagram, you need to add a series of symbols — dashes, asterisks, or dots, each on a separate line
- This will shuffle your hashtags down and make your post a lot neater when it’s published
Instagram Hacks to Boost the Engagement on Your Instagram Stories:
Hack #8: Get More Instagram Stories Views by Including Hashtags
Did you know that you can add up to 10 hashtags for each your Instagram story posts?
By adding an Instagram hashtag to your story, you’re giving your content an added chance to be seen by new audiences. Most Instagram geo-location tags and hashtags have their own Stories attached to them, which means they could appear on the Explore Page.
So to maximize on this under-utilized hack, add 10 relevant hashtags to your next story!
And if you do not want to clutter your image with the added text, you can shrink the text size of your hashtags (just ‘pinch’ the hashtag text to make it bigger or smaller) and hide the text under a GIF or Sticker!
No one will be the wiser, but your Instagram Stories could appear on the Explore page for that hashtag.
Hack #9: Share Someone Else’s Instagram Post in Your Story
Found an Instagram post that you love and want to share with your audience? Now you can do it with Instagram Stories!
All you have to do is tap on the arrow button below the post you would like to share, and select “Add post to your Story.” This will then open up Instagram Stories with the post you would like to share in the center of the image. You can then add text, GIFs, stickers, and hashtags as normal.
Once you’re happy with the story, just tap “Your Story” on the bottom of the screen and you’re all done!
There you have it! Easy to achieve Instagram hacks, tips, and tricks that could help you boost your profile and build the online community of your dream.